Top tips for dealing with wasp phobia:
- Try to stop the feeling of panic, the situation will pass away quickly if you are in control
- Breathe slowly and deeply. This is something you can practice so that it will come naturally to you when the need arises
- Move slowly and carefully away from the wasp(s) – violent and sudden movements can make the wasp(s) more aggressive
- Try to put your fear into perspective – wasps are not life threatening for most people
- Don’t focus on the wasp. The more you attend to your fear the worse the response will be.
- Over time, try to learn how you deal with wasps. Observe one from a safe distance and gradually reduce the distance between you and the wasp. By standing perfectly still you will learn that the wasp is not a threat to you
- Talk to other people about your phobia – you may pick up some hints and tips on how to overcome your fear. Use the internet or your local library to read about wasps and their habits – knowledge is power!
Find out more about how we can get rid of wasps.